JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
AHLE-X Skills Academy proudly presents:
Basic Food Costing
AHLE-X is a Hospitality Training Provider with City & Guilds approval that runs high-impact training programmes for the Hospitality Industry at professional and operational levels and to new entrants into the industry.
AHLE-X has level 4 B-BBEE compliance.
Menu costing has implications on the profitability of an establishment. Chefs need to have a good understanding of how to calculate the cost of recipes as well as how this cost contributes to the overall food cost of the establishment. This course introduces food costing at a basic level, enabling chefs who have not had previous experience of costing to understand the food costing process, the contribution that a dish makes to the overall food cost and also explains the other areas of cost control in an establishment.
The 1 day course covers the following outcomes:
- The importance of food cost to the cost control system
- What is food cost
- Principles of gross and net profit
- Calculate the cost of a recipe
- Reducing and increasing recipes and the implication on the cost
- Calculating food cost over a specific period
- Other areas of food cost control in a food production establishment
This course is delivered in your organisation.
For a quotation please send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Includes a certificate of attendance
What the organisation needs to provide
- Suitable and safe training venue
- Equipment: data projector and screen, flip chart
What does the learner need to bring
|Back||Back to top|