JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
AHLE-X Skills Academy proudly presents:
Food Costing and Cost Control
AHLE-X is a Hospitality Training Provider with City & Guilds approval that runs high-impact training programmes for the Hospitality Industry at professional and operational levels and to new entrants into the industry.
AHLE-X has level 4 B-BBEE compliance.
Understanding how food costs are controlled is vital to ensuring profitability of an establishment. The food costing and cost control course provides the Chef with an understanding of a food control system and addresses, how costs are controlled, the calculation of food costs, how to evaluate the performance of various dishes on a menu and evaluating deviations in food cost results.
- Basic menu costing knowledge (please refer to the basic food costing course here)
Who should attend?
- Any person who is required to manage food costs and implement cost control systems
The 1 day course covers the following outcomes:
- Explain why a food control system is necessary and the factors that affect the controls in such a system.
- Discuss the principles of a control system.
- Recognise the stages in the system where financial losses can occur.
- Describe the precautions you need to take at each of these stages to prevent losses.
- Understand the calculation of food cost and food cost percentages.
- Perform a menu analysis to improve profitability of menus.
- Understand the need for standards for food costing.
- Describe how sales histories are used in planning and how to forecast sales.
- Know how to present month-end costing and how to explain deviations from the original standards.
This course is delivered in your organisation.
For a quotation please send us an e-mail to email@example.com
- Includes a certificate of attendance
What the organisation needs to provide
- Suitable and safe training venue
- Equipment: data projector and screen, flip chart
What the learner needs to bring
For more information please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 086 102 4539
|Back||Back to top|